Our community has been greatly affected by the latest developments with COVID-19. While resuming our normal habits and routines are now being done with new modifications, one that hasn't changed is our commitment to your health and safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and these protocols are regulated so that your safety is held with the highest regard.
Our office has put the following protocols and policies in place based on the infection control recommendations made by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), California Dental Association (CDA), American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). These changes include:
- Communication with you beforehand to ask screening questions prior to your appointment
- Sneeze guards placed at the reception area
- Temperature checks upon entrance to the office
- Masks are required upon entry and must be worn at all times. Patients will only be allowed to remove the mask at the start of the dental procedure. Mask must be placed back on at the end of treatment.
- Hand sanitizers placed at various locations including the entrance, reception area, and treatment rooms for you to use as needed.
- Mandatory hydrogen peroxide pre-rinse prior to any dental procedure to kill any infectious viral particles in the mouth
- Doctors and staff with increased personal protective equipment (PPE), including full coverage gowns, hair coverings, safety glasses, N95 masks/level 3 masks, face shields, and gloves.
- Medical grade air purification filters placed in the treatment rooms tested to remove 99.97% of particles down to 0.1 microns, removing any infectious particles from the air
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, snacks, and coffee to avoid virus transmission through touching contaminated surfaces
- We will allow only one household/patient at any given time. You might be asked to wait in your car until someone calls you to check in for your appointment. This is will eliminate any interaction between members of a different household while being treated at the office.
We miss you all and look forward to welcoming you back again for your next appointment. As always, we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe in our practice. We value you as a patient, and we thank you for your trust and loyalty.